Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on what we believe to be the best water bottles for kids. As you can imagine there are any number of choices to be had on the UK market. We have managed these down to our top 10 list.
We have based that on the actual ratings left by many buyers on line who have bought a water bottle for their kids, and then taken the time to leave a review. Those reviews are often very helpful, as those buyers have used the bottle, discovered the good and bad points, and then taken some time out to leave a review.
What we do here is visit the websites that sell these types of water bottles and collect all of the available information. That is the initial part of our research where we are simply gathering all of the information. We then analyse two parts of that rating which are:
- The actual rating score that they have given the water bottle (Some sites use a star system and others use a numeric system)
- We also make note of the many comments, both good and bad, and then summarise all of that information for you
That allows us to create a top 10 list based on the highest buyer rated products. It also saves our readers having to do all of this boring research. So just below you will find our list of the best water bottle for kids.
Top 10 List of Water Bottles for Kids
We have matched the rating to the quality of the product as follows:
- >90% - is an excellent product
- 81-90% is a very good product
- 71-80% is a good product
- 61-70% is a satisfactory product but does have some complaints
- <60% - we don't even show you those as we don't think they are good products
Ion8 Leak Proof Slim Water Bottle - (Overall Best Seller)
92% buyer satisfaction based on 20,000+ online buyer reviews
- Overall this water bottle got an online buyer satisfaction rating of 92%
- 79% of all buyers gave this bottle a full 5 star review
- 5% of all buyers gave this bottle a bad review and rating
- Comes in a wide variety of colours
- It is a 100% leak proof BPA free water bottle
- It can easily be flipped open with one hand and can lock closed for safety
- The water bottle is made from phthalate free, non-toxic Tritan
- Can be washed in the dishwasher safe and suitable for hot or cold drinks
- There are over 6,000 online buyer reviews about these bottles so clearly they sell a lot and the ratings has remained consistently high.
A few buyers complained about a paper sticker on the bottle and the packaging.
HeavenlyUnicorns Unicorn Water Bottles
94% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews
- Overall this water bottle got an online buyer satisfaction rating of 94%
- 86% of all buyers gave this bottle a full 5 star review
- 4% of all buyers gave this bottle a bad review and rating
- This is one for the girls
- It will never crack even when dropped and is made of Tritan
- The majority of buyers said it never leaks and what we think is important is that the lid has an extra safety catch, which means it can be kept in the school bag with no leaks
- It is 100% BPA free
- The spout flows really well according to online buyers
- Has an easy clean lid with no fiddly silicone spouts or straws
- Comes with a washing brush
There were hundreds of online reviews for this bottle, and we did find a handful of buyers who said this bottle leaked. A couple of buyers said the flow rate was too fast for younger kids.
Sistema Twist 'n' Sip BPA Free Water Bottle
90% buyer satisfaction based on 4,000+ online buyer reviews
- Overall this water bottle got an online buyer satisfaction rating of 89%
- 67% of all buyers gave this bottle a full 5 star review
- 6% of all buyers gave this bottle a bad review and rating
- They don't come much cheaper than this bottle
- It is made in New Zealand
- The bottle is BPA and Phthalate free bottle so ideal for school kids
- Uses a Twist n sip lid provides that the manufacturer states is a more hygienic way to drink
- It also has a sculptured easy grip shape
- It is dishwasher safe (top rack), microwave (without lid), fridge and freezer safe
- Available in a limited selection of colours
The main complaint here from buyers is that you get a lot of air through when trying to drink from this bottle. A few buyers complained about the top breaking off after a few months of use.
Polar Gear Sports Bottle
88% buyer satisfaction based on 1,750+ online buyer reviews
- Overall this water bottle got an online buyer satisfaction rating of 88%
- 66% of all buyers gave this bottle a full 5 star review
- 11% of all buyers gave this bottle a bad review and rating
- This bottle has a 600 ml capacity
- Buyers said that this bottle has a simple flip up drinking spout
- It also has a wide neck lid that screws on and off for easy cleaning
- It is made from a durable polypropylene plastic material and is BPA free
- This is one of the more affordable bottles on the market
- Many parents said their daughters really liked it
Some buyers said that this breaks too easily when dropped. A few buyers said that this was not a child friendly bottle as it had no grip.
Marvel 600ml Sports Bottle
90% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews
- Overall this water bottle got an online buyer satisfaction rating of 82%
- 58% of all buyers gave this bottle a full 5 star review
- 9% of all buyers gave this bottle a bad review and rating
- This water bottle has a 600 ml capacity
- Has a simple and easy to use drinking spout
- The wide neck makes this bottle very easy to clean
- It is made from polypropylene plastic and in the Marvel Avenger's design which many boys like
- Not suitable for kids under 3 years
- Not dishwasher safe and no spare parts are available
Quite a few buyers said this bottle leaked, and some said the spout simply fell off. Some buyers said that is cracked the first time it dropped.
Which water bottle is best for kids?
A Leak-proof lid
The most important thing for any kid's water bottle is to make sure that it has a leak-proof lid as the last thing you want is liquid spilling out and ruining everything. The best way to do check this is to have a look at the seal and make sure it looks tight and secure.
Avoid Plastic if you can
Glass or stainless steel is always going to be better than plastic. Plastic water bottles will almost always be cheaper but there are always concerns about using plastic of any kind.
Many manufacturers now ensure that there plastic bottles are BPA free which is certainly a big step in the right direction. Plastic does have chemical compounds added to it to help shape and stabilise the bottles. Some people argue that when the bottle gets warm those chemicals can leak out into the contents and potentially be harmful. There is no detailed research yet available but some parents choose not to use plastic.
Size and Shape
The colour and designs on these bottles are always attractive to children. When they see something they like they are more likely to use it. You should also consider the size of the bottle and just make sure it isn't over sized, and that it is easy for them to hold especially when full.
Most kids will carry this in their schoolbag or in some form of backpack depending on what they are doing. Just be sure that the bottle will fit into wherever you are going to be using it.
Durable and easy to clean
If you are paying out for a good quality bottle you would expect it to last for a few years. Kids will drop these and they will get knocked over. Most glass bottles are made from hardened glass, so they will be able to stand up to most of these. Likewise stainless steel is a tough metal and also very easy to clean.
You can buy these with a straw, a spout or open pour. The straw type is where a straw runs up the inside of the bottle and may be connected to a spout. This type of botte is usually made from plastic or silicone and they can be fiddly to clean.
The spout type is a small spout that can be flicked open or closed. If you like the ideal of that just be sure that the spout can be locked to avoid accidental opening.
The open pour bottle will simply have an opening where the water comes out and are better for older kids. They usually have a flip top lid that closes over the top of the spout.