The Rolson 66857 Alarm Padlock sells well in online stores, and online buyers have given this padlock an 85% buyer satisfaction rating, which overall is a very good online buyer rating.
Like any alarm padlock, it serves two purposes. Firstly the padlock makes it more difficult for thieves to break in, and secondly should they persist, triggers an alarm if the padlock is interfered with.
Buyers said the lock was strong, and that the siren is certainly loud enough to send any potential thieves running.
You can buy these as a single, in a pack of 2 or a pack of 3.
Padlocks with any type of alarm cost around £8-£20, depending on the quality, and mainly on the length of the shackle, with longer shackles being slightly more expensive.
This Rolson model costs on average £11-£13 depending on where you make your purchase.
Online Buyer Satisfaction
- Overall it gets a buyer satisfaction rating of 82% which is very good
- About 2/3 of all buyers gave this Rolson padlock a 5 star review
- Around 10% of buyers gave this a poor review
What Online Buyers Said
We have summarised what those buyers have to say just below
Overall most buyers were happy with their purchase. 1 in 10 buyers did have genuine problems opening the battery area, when the batteries needed to be changed.
- This alarm comes with 3 keys
- It has a 100 decibel twin tone siren alarm padlock
- The alarm sounds for 10 seconds if activated and will reset after thirty five seconds without a trigger
- It comes supplied with six LR44 button cell batteries
- It measures 4 × 14 × 17 cm and has a nice weight to it
Product Rating Summary
There are plenty of choices available for this type of padlock. This one works well enough and is priced sensibly. The lock is good quality and can be used for sheds, garages, bikes etc.
Buyers agree that the lock is good quality and very well made.
At 100 decibels, this is more than loud enough to scare off burglars
It sits in the low to medium price so good enough value for money.