Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our UK review of the Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle. This model is well priced online and you can find this one for under £25. This is also the best selling kettle in the UK.
It is a brushed stainless steel kettle that heats up quickly, is easy to keep clean and will not discolour regardless of use or age.
- Buyers like this because it uses "quiet boil technology" so you don't get the usual noise of a kettle
- It also has a rapid boil zone indicator within the kettle - this allows you to fill just the right amount of water and boils one cup very quickly taking only 45 seconds for a 235 ml cup
- It has a limescale filter which can be removed and washed - this helps your tea tasting good and not impacted by limescale or hard water
- It sits on a 360 degree base and that works well for both left and right handed people.
- 1.7 litre capacity (3 pints) - can boil enough water for up to 7 cups
- Measures 21.8 x 23.5 x 15.8 cm
- Weighs 1.21 Kg
- Made from stainless steel
- 3,000 watts
- Boil dry protection
- Concealed heating element
- Cordless swivel base
Russell Hobbs Kettle Pros and Cons
Russell Hobbs Brand
The company started up in 1952 when Bill Russell and Peter Hobbs teamed up. They wanted to make products that make home life easier and more enjoyable. The first automatic electric kettle was one of many groundbreaking innovations from Russell Hobbs.
These days Russell Hobbs remains the number 1 small domestic appliance brand in the UK. Their latest release was the Russell Hobbs Legacy breakfast collection.
Video Review of the Russell Hobbs 20460
We looked around to see if we could find a useful video on this kettle. We found this one on YouTube and we think it is well worth a watch.
Our Verdict on the Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle
- There are over 3.000 online reviews for this kettle so it is by quite a way the biggest selling kettle in the UK
- Buyers have given this model a 74% buyer satisfaction rating which is good
- There are however 1 in 5 buyers who are not that happy with this kettle
- Like many other small kitchen appliances, kettles do get a lot of use and over time they will develop niggly problems. With this one it seems to be the lid not fully opening, and a strange taste from the plastic measure.